At Practice Velocity, we pride ourselves on Continuous Improvement, one of four core values that not only make us successful as a company, but makes you, the client, successful as well. It’s often been said that the most important resource in any company is its employees. Here at Practice Velocity, we take it a step further, and say the most important resource in our company is great employees.
On an individual level, Continuous Improvement is:
- Putting your best foot forward, every day, to contribute to the overall success of the company.
- Learning more about yourself and potential areas for improvement.
- Remaining open-minded to constructive criticism.
- Being a team player and maintaining a positive energy that contributes to the overall team’s strengths.
On a team level, Continuous Improvement involves:
- Progressing towards better processes and services that make things easier and more efficient for our clients.
- Continuous learning on current industry trends and issues so we can continue to grow as industry thought leaders.
- Providing the appropriate tools to our employees so they can continue to learn about themselves and where they can thrive as a Practice Velocity team member.
- Challenging our team members to grow and learn from peers, and go outside their comfort zone occasionally.
Our Team is Your Team
Anyone can work really hard, but if you’re not enjoying what you’re doing, then that can affect the entire group. While each member of the Practice Velocity team comes from a different background, we all exhibit four core values: Team Player, Positive Energy, Continuous Improvement, Clients Win.
By developing a cohesive work environment that encourages and supports team work, positive energy, and fun, our success becomes your success. Our team becomes your team. However, it’s not something that happens overnight.
For our employees to be successful, they need to be passionate about what they’re doing. If they come into work with a negative attitude, that could not only affect the success of other team members but also your success. Taking extra steps to help our employees thrive to their fullest potential can determine the overall success of you.
Every PV Employee is a Leader in His/Her Sphere of Influence
To get our employees excited every time they walk through our doors and to get them to be an active team member that leads from the heart, we provide an offsite, two-day Heart of a Leader training program to all new hires. This program is intense, fun, and most of all, transformational. It provides our employees an opportunity to discover themselves, think outside-the-box, and gain the confidence necessary for success.
The program is led by Brandon Johnson, the Positive Energy Guy. Everyone learns something about themselves and how to be a better person at work, home, and the community.
For Continuous Improvement to be successful, we have embraced Open Book Management, which shares the company’s financial performance with all employee-owners (PV is an employee-owned company). This not only engages all employees in the financial wellbeing of the company, but encourages them to think and act like owners. With weekly and monthly all-company meetings, employees have a chance to celebrate company milestones, view and understand financial performance, and welcome new hires.
The ability to work together with high energy and positivity at both the individual and team levels is what continues to drive Practice Velocity towards success, and we work to give back to employees so they can make themselves better day in and day out, which in turn, makes them better for you, day in and day out.
David Stern, MD, CPC is Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Practice Velocity.